Protect your privacy and stay secure online with these 5 cybersecurity tips.
Cybersecurity encompasses multiple defenses. It’s not just an antivirus, it’s not just a VPN, it’s not just a password manager, internet security, and anti-track software. It’s all these things and more, working together to ensure every vulnerability is protected, whether the threats are coming from a phishing email, a malicious website, a botnet, public Wi-Fi, or other avenue. Cybercriminals are trying every angle to crack into our data, and they won’t rest until they do.
We need to defend our digital lives comprehensively. Here are 5 ways to protect yourself online:
- Get Antivirus Protection: Every month, our network protects hundreds of millions of users from 2 billion malware attacks. Avast Premier is our top-of-the-line antivirus that stops emerging threats, ransomware, spyware, and then some.
- Use a VPN to encrypt your internet connection: A VPN protects your privacy online by masking your IP address and providing an encrypted connection between you and the internet. Access streaming shows when you travel, safely use a public Wi-Fi, and remain anonymous online.
- Use a fast, secure, and private browser: Get state-of-the-art protection for all your online activities—plus ad-blocking, anti-tracking, and anti-fingerprinting. This makes it impossible for others to create an online profile of you. Avast Secure Browser includes all this and it’s up to 4x faster than your standard browser.
- Make your passwords unique and strong: Ever-changing, complex passwords are key to data protection. Use a password manager to securely sync your passwords across all your computers, smartphones, and tablet
devices. Avast Passwords Premium is a great option for
managing your passwords and it also has the added benefit of detecting when sites have been compromised and prompts you to change your password.
- While you’re at it, speed up and clean up your PC: Along with all this protection, apply a full optimization suite like Avast Cleanup Premium which includes over 10 features to improve your PC’s reliability and speed. Our patented technologies provide next-gen tuning and cleaning which frees up disk space, removes bloatware, fixes problems, and increases speed.
As a reader of the Avast blog, you may be something of an influencer around your colleagues, family, and friends. Perhaps they look to you for the latest wisdom on cyberthreats and cybersecurity. If that’s the case, feel free to share the infographic below with them. It lays out everything that everyone needs to know about staying safe and private online, in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand format. It also includes advice on how to keep PCs working at peak performance.
All of the products mentioned below are part of the Avast Ultimate bundle, a security suite that fully protects you on all sides. Safeguard your digital world by protecting your privacy and ensuring your security using the helpful tips above.